CHICO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
No Win No Fee Guarantee. Always Free Initial Consultations.
Motorcycle Crash / Accident In Chico
If you are in a motorcycle crash or accident, it is important that you have the right legal professional by your side. Chico motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Steve Gimblin can help you in filing a personal injury lawsuit so that you can recover the required compensation for your injuries.
With California’s high cost of living and crowded freeways, it is understandable why many prefer to ride motorcycles these days. It not only helps in saving money on gas but also cuts down the time spent on commuting significantly. With a greater number of people turning to motorbikes, however, the number of motor vehicle accidents has also increased. In fact, most of the accident-related fatalities usually occur in motorcycle accidents. According to a report from the NHTSA
, it has been found that motorcycle riders are 27 times more likely to get fatally injured in an accident as compared to car occupants. This is largely due to the fact that motorcycles lack the bulk and weight of automobiles. Besides this, they also lack some safety features like seat belts and airbags that are usually present in a car.
If you (or someone you know) were involved in a motorcycle accident in Chico, California, you can legally seek compensation for your suffering and losses. We, at the Law Offices of Steve Gimblin, will help in answering all your questions related to the personal injury lawsuit. Depending on your situation, we will also guide you through the best course of action.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents usually result in greater injuries because of the lack of additional protection in these vehicles. In most cases, riders end up sustaining multiple injuries like –
- Broken bones
- Neck and head injuries
- Road rash or other serious injuries.
Let’s take a look at some common types of motorcycle accidents
- Head-On Collisions: Also known as a frontal collision, a head-on collision is a type of motorcycle accident that can result in serious injuries and motorcycle damage too. Because of the nature of impact in this collision, both the drivers end up crashing into each other head-on. These crashes usually happen when a driver goes down a one-way road or is found to be under the influence of alcohol. The severity of the impact in such collisions can result in fatalities too, so the victim’s family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Left Turn Accidents: This type of motorcycle accident occurs when a left-turning vehicle hits another one going straight. Usually, the person who is making the left turn is considered to be at fault. However, if the driver in the straight-going vehicle was driving recklessly or speeding, the fault might fall onto them.
- Lane Splitting Accidents: This road maneuver is very common among motorcycle riders. Lane splitting essentially means someone tries to drive in between the traffic lanes to pass through slower vehicles. Accidents can occur if someone tries to cut through traffic by lane splitting.
- Speeding Accidents: Motor vehicles are not allowed to speed beyond certain set limits. If a motorcycle accident is caused due to a speeding vehicle, it can result in fatality too. Compensation can be claimed for the same, depending on who was at fault.
- Road Hazard Accidents: Motorcycle accidents can also be caused due to road hazards like uneven lanes, potholes, and objects on the road. In such accidents, the city can be legally held responsible for the injuries of the rider.
Liability Determination in Motorcycle Accidents
When it comes to deciding the liability of the crash/accident and the resultant injuries, the court usually takes several factors into account:
- Weather conditions during the day of the accident.
- Whether both the parties were adhering to traffic rules.
- Evidence (photos or videos) of the accident.
- The condition of both the vehicles.
- Whether the motorcycle rider was wearing any protective gear or helmet.
- Any history of reckless driving (in both parties).
- Testimony from witnesses.
- Physical evidence in the form of broken pieces of vehicle and skid marks.
When no other vehicle is involved in a motorcycle accident, the recovery can be addressed using insurance claims. However, if the collision is between a motorcyclist and another motor vehicle, and it results in injuries, the former can file a lawsuit in court. A Chico motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Offices of Steve Gimblin can help you recover the compensation, which will help you cover –
- Hospital Bills
- Loss of wages and/or future income
- Court costs
- Attorney fees
How to file a Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury Claim in Chico?
Once you’ve made sure that you’re in good health, it is best to notify the police and have them be present on the scene. Police officers will write a report on the accident and this may prove useful later if you file a suit or discuss the compensation out-of-court.
Filing a motorcycle accident personal injury lawsuit against someone might appear like a difficult task, however, it is important to get it done as soon as possible. According to the statute of limitations in California, you would have limited time to recover the damages from the responsible party. As per state laws, the lawsuit has to be filed within one year from the date of the injury. At the same time, you would also have to navigate the complicated procedures of the insurance companies.
Another aspect of filing a personal injury lawsuit is the proof of injuries. Even though it seems obvious to you that the injuries were a result of the accident, you would still have to prove them in court to recover the damages. Truth be told, there are many factors to consider when you are filing a personal injury lawsuit and the whole process can be quite overwhelming for an individual. With legal services from the Law Offices of Steve Gimblin, however, navigating these complicated procedures will become easier.
Hire An Experienced Chico Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Chico, California, you would need an experienced lawyer to fight on your behalf. With legal services from the Steve Offices of Steve Gimblin, you can be assured that you’ll get the right compensation for the damages. We also come with a No Win – No Fee guarantee.
To get your free consultation, click here. You can also call us at (530) 451-3670 to get answers for any of your queries.
FREE PERSONAL INJURY CASE EVALUATION